Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rosa Clara and Brides Against Breast Cancer




This is the dress I want, not necessarily the dress I will be wearing. After all the discussions about should we have a big wedding and the budget, I wanted to get down to business. I wanted tomes of wedding magazines filled with pretty gowns and frivolous lace. I love dresses, especially ones that say "wearable art". I stalk the Betsy Johnson store in the Domain and buy whenever possible. I like simplicity in a dress, but not without a bit of drama.
I purchased Grace Ormonde's Wedding Style magazine and stopped on page 39. My search for a dress concluded. I got online and looked up Rosa Clara, I looked for the dress, but I still can't find out the name of the dress, however, I did come across the prices of Rosa Clara dresses. Ouch! I paused again. Then I started looking for used Rosa Clara wedding gowns and came across a wonderful charity.
Brides Against Breast Cancer
http://www.bridesagainstbreastcancer.org
BABC travels from city to city across the US selling designer gowns to brides at a fraction of the normal couture price. The gowns are donated from designers, stores, and companies and 100% of the proceeds goes to charity. I looked on their calendar for Austin, but we were sadly not there. I emailed, "Come to Austin"! They emailed me back and said "We are looking for a city coordinator in Austin". I agreed immediately. Good for charity, good for work, good for brides, and good for my future dress.

So here it comes, a weekend of gorgeous dresses and generous vendors. July 2nd and 3rd at the Renaissance Hotel. I hope we can bring them back every year. If they don't have a Rosa Clara gown, I will just have to settle for a Vera Wang.

No comments:

Post a Comment