Monday, July 5, 2010

I Found the Dress






After a wonderful weekend volunteering for Bride's Against Breast Cancer, I have found my wedding gown. Yes, it is couture and 100% of the proceeds went to a wonderful charity. In fact, I am wearing the dress as I write this post. I love silk.

During the past few days I was reminded why I love working in the wedding industry. Not only were we able to raise $1000's of dollars for charity, but we had so many prizes to give away to brides. I was warmed by the many happy tears as other women found their dress or won a trip for two.

Shopping for a dress was new to me and watching other brides shopping for a dress was a part of the wedding process I have never paid any attention to and I was overwhelmed.

In order for me to prepare for Brides Against Breast Cancer and buy a dress I have spent so much time researching and learning.

Did you know:
The dress should be stored in a breathable cotton bag? (No plastic)
There is no need to pay for dress preservation? Just wrap dress with cotton muslin and keep it out of direct sunlight. Once a year pull the dress out, wash the muslin, and wrap the dress again.
Couture dresses run small? Sometimes even by more than one size? (cruel)
A dress can usually be let out by 1 size, but can be reduced by about 2 sizes?

It is only because of so many great vendors we were able to accomplish and create a spectacular event. My hats off go to The Renaissance Hotel, Elite Weddings, An Event to Remember, Men's Wearhouse, Dragon Fly Designs, Floral Renaissance, Ron Parks Photography, Ideal Heel, Bouquets of Austin, Premiere Party Central, and The Wedding Guide. Not only were they amazing, but so were all those fantastic volunteers. It was no small feat.

We are already getting ready Brides Against Breast Cancer in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment